IIT Kharagpur has recently updated that the GATE 2022 has added two new subjects. In 2022, the exam will be organized with 29 subjects. The two additional subjects are Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, and Geomatics Engineering. As per the reports, the new GATE centers have been opened in various places, such as Latur, Shirdi, and Akola.
In July 2022, 2022 conducting authority will announce the official notification of the exam. GATE 2022 application exam will be available most probably by the third week of September. The GATE exam has been organized since 1984 in the first and second week of February.
GATE 2022 Exam Highlights
|Exam||GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Exam Conducting Body||IIT Kharagpur|
|Official website||It Will be announced soon|
|Mode of the exam||Computer-Based exam|
|Exam Duration||3 hours ( 180 minutes)|
|Number of papers||29 papers ( two subjects are added)|
|Total Marks||100( 65 questions are there)|
|Total number of test-takers||Around 9 Lakh|
GATE 2022 Exam Dates
Aspirants, who are interested in appearing for GATE 2022, must check out the tentative GATE 2022 exam dates so that you are updated with the recent notifications.
|GATE 2022 Exams||GATE 2022 Dates|
|Official Notification released||July 3rd week, 2021|
|Availability of GATE application form||September 2nd week 2021|
|Closing of submission of GATE application form||October 1st week 2021|
|Last date to fill out the GATE application with the fee||October 2nd week 2021|
|Request to change the candidate’s examination city||November 2021 mid-week to last week|
|Availability of admit card||January 2nd week 2022|
|GATE exam date||February 1st and 2nd week, 2022|
|GATE result announcement||3rd week of March 2022|
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
Check out the below table, as it depicts the exam pattern of GATE 2022
|Duration of the exam||3 hours( 180 minutes)|
|Number of Subjects||27|
|Number of Questions||Total no of questions – 65Total Marks – 100General Aptitude – 10 questionsCore Subjects + Engineering Maths – 55 questions|
|Total Marks allotted subject wise||Total Marks – 100|
Engineering Maths: 13 MarksGeneral Aptitude: 15 MarksCore Subjects – 72 Marks
|Questions Type||MCQ – Multiple Choice QuestionsMSQ – multiple Select QuestionsNumerical Answer Type – NAT Questions|
|Number of Sections||GATE 2022 Question paper will contain three sections ( AR, CY, GC, EY, XL, PH, and MA papers are excluded:|
General Aptitude – GAEngineering MathematicsSubject – Specific section
|Marking Scheme||1 mark MCQ Question – ⅓ will be deducted for the incorrect answer.2 marks MCQ Question – ⅔ will be deducted for the incorrect answer.|
No negative marking for NAT and MSQ Questions.
GATE 2022 Paper Code
Check out the Paper name and Paper Code
|Paper Name||Paper Code|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Environmental Science and Engineering||ES|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|PI||Production and Industrial Engineering|
|TF||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science|
|XE-F||Polymer Science and Engineering|
|XE-H||Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences|
|XH-C1||Humanities and Social Sciences English|
|XH-C2||Humanities and Social Sciences- Linguistics|
|XH-C3||Humanities and Social Sciences- Philosophy|
|XH-C5||Humanities and Social Sciences- Sociology|
Why appear in GATE 2022?
- Any candidate who will qualify for the GATE exam will get admission to one of the top prestigious PG programs in IISC and IITs. Even, GATE score will help you out getting jobs in various Engineering companies.
- Once candidates have qualified for the GATE exam, they can enter various fellowship programs offered by top research centers in India.
- Renowned international Universities like the National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University ( Singapore), University of Munich ( Germany) accept the GATE marks and help students get admission.
- GATE scores open up an opportunity for candidates in Prestigious Jobs in Government organizations, PSU’s and the private sector.
- Even candidates with good GATE scores can go for higher studies and get a scholarship of 12,400 every month.
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates! It is mandatory to check out the Eligibility Criteria for the GATE 2022 before filing the application form.
- As per the new alterations in GATE 2022, the minimum qualification required for a candidate is 10+2+3. Students studying in the last year of undergraduate can apply for the entrance exam.
- The new criteria say that the students can apply for the combination of 2 subjects/papers from the prescribed GATE form.
- There is no age limit for applying to the GATE Exam.
- Indian Students and International students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates ( UAE) can apply for the GATE Entrance exam.
- Candidates passing/appearing from varied subjects like Commerce/Engineering/Arts/technology or PG in any discipline are considered eligible candidates.
- No prescribed attempt limit for the candidates. Those who pass the eligibility criteria can apply for the GATE exam.
GATE 2022 Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
International students. Who is aspiring for the GATE Exam must pass the below eligibility criteria?
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree or in the final or pre-final year of bachelor’s degree in technology or engineering.
- Candidates must have done their bachelor’s degree or in the final or pre-final year of bachelor’s degree in any science discipline.
Scope of GATE Exam!
What’s your career plan? Want to be an Engineer? If “yes,” get ready for GATE 2022! Fill the application form for GATE, qualify for it and get admission to the top Engineering college. Check out the above updates for more information.